I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 01C
Unit One: What is Abnormal Behavior?
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
2. Private __________ is the arrangement where a person directly pays a psychologist for therapy services.
8. Sigmund Freud was the founder of __________ and the psychodynamic perspective.
9. A __________ psychologist is a doctor of psychology who practices clinical treatment.
11. Phrenology, established by Franz Joseph Gall, was the __________ science that suggested bumps on the skull were related to specific psychological characteristics.
12. An __________ was an institution where people with metal illnesses were sent to be treated.
14. Hippocrates is often called the father of modern __________ and was an early proponent on discovering physical causes of mental disorders.
15. Hypnotism is the inducing of a __________ like state in which a person becomes suggestible.
16. Psychotropic __________ tend to alleviate symptoms of abnormality by affecting chemistry in the brain.
17. Psychoanalysis was established by Sigmund __________ and suggests that abnormality is psychogenic and influenced by subconscious and dynamic factors in the mind.
18. Deinstitutionalization is the movement of __________ many individuals from public mental health hospitals due to the relief they receive from drug therapies.
1. Outpatient __________ is the psychoanalytic treatment system where a patient meets with the therapist for a short time and then goes home.
2. A __________ is a medical doctor who is trained in the chemical structures and balances in the brain.
3. The __________ perspective is the idea that pathological behavior is the product of psychological functioning.
4. Philippe __________ was a ninteenth century mental health reformer.
5. Lycanthropy was an early disorder where people thought that they were possessed by __________ or other animals.
6. The __________ perspective is the idea that psychological pathology is a product of physical
7. Dorethea __________ was a Boston school teacher who campaigned for better treatment of patients in mental hospitals in the nineteenth century.
10. Moral treatment refers to the __________ and ethical methods of treatment which were espoused by Philippe Pinel and other reformers.
13. Community mental health focuses more on prevention and __________ than private treatment.
14. Fredrick Anton __________ was a controversial figure who used a very unorthodox treatment method to treat patients.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live