I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 02C
Unit Two: Research in Abnormal Psychology
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
1. Informed __________ is what a subject must grant the researcher in order to be in a study by today’s ethical guidelines.
5. A scatter plot charts correlational __________ so that it can be interpreted for best fit.
8. In a __________ experiment, nature manipulates the variables and the researcher observes the effects.
11. A single __________ experiment is where an individual's base line data about a behavior is found and than manipulated and then measured again.
12. A __________ blind study utilizes a panel of judges to determine the degree to which subjects change in each group.
13. A quasi-experiment is a where the researcher uses already established __________ to determine variable relationships.
15. The __________ is the National Institute of Mental Health.
16. Random __________ is the procedure of placing subjects in either the control of experimental groups completely by chance.
17. Placebo __________ is any action that seems therapeutic and may have an effect but not because of the therapy itself, simply because of the situation.
18. Base line __________ is information that is gathered to establish a statistical norm before the experiment actually takes place.
19. A __________ is a form of psycho-surgery where tissue of the pre-frontal and or frontal lobe is destroyed.
20. Martin __________ is the psychologists that developed the concept of learned helplessness.
2. The line of best fit is the one line that is most like the correlational data on a __________ plot.
3. Analogue experiments are where subjects are asked to __________ like they have specific disorders to see the effects of variables.
4. Learned __________ is the feeling that happens as a person believes that they have no way out of a painful situation.
6. An ABAB design is where the __________ variable is turned on and off systematically to see if the dependent variable also is turned on and off.
7. An __________ is an occurrence that happens as a result of an experiment.
9. A __________ blind study is a study where neither the implementing researcher nor the subjects know who is in the experimental or control groups.
10. The __________ Effect is the bias that experimenter potentially bring to the experiment?
14. A single __________ study is a study where the subjects do not know if they are in the control or experimental group.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live