I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 04C
Unit Four: Developmental Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
1. Anxiety is a __________ common among elderly persons which is caused from anxiousness and stress related factors causing physical symptoms of anxiety, such as heart palpitations and sweating, to a medical condition.
5. Moderate __________ is a diagnosis given to 10% of all mentally retarted patients because they can learn to care for themselves and can profit from vocational training, and many can work in unskilled or semiskilled jobs, usually under supervision.
6. Intelligence __________ (IQ) is a score derived from the individual's test performance that theoreticall indicates overall intellectual capacity.
7. Sheltered __________ are workshops that help integrate autistic patients into their community and adress the communities concerns.
10. Group __________ are programs that help integrate the autistic persons into their community and adress the concerns faced by aging parents whose children will always need supervision.
11. Special Education is aN educational __________ where children with mental retardation are grouped together and given a separate, specially designed curriculum.
13. Sign Language is a nonvocal mode of __________ in which hand signals and signs are used and understood by the two individuals.
15. Profound Retardation is a __________ given to 1% of all mentally retarted patients because with training they may acuire and improve basic skills such as walking, some talking, and feeding themselves.
17. Amniocentesis is the __________ of amniotic fluid that surrounds the fetus which is now recommended to many older expectant mothers to test the possibility of a down syndrome child.
18. Integrated __________ Programs are programs where the persons with autism are integrated for atleast part of the school day into normal classes with nonautistic peers and are useful in teaching children with autism how to socialize.
19. Simultaneous Communication is the __________ of sign language and speech in communicating between clients and patients.
20. Mild Retardation is a __________ given to 85% of all mentally retated patients because they are educably retarted and can benefit from an academic education and can support themselves as adults.
2. Dementia is a __________ marked by severe memory impairment and significant deficiencies in atleast one other cognitive function, such as abstract thinking, judgement, or language.
3. Mental __________ is diagnosed to patients wih intelligence that is significantly below average and the adaptive ability.
4. Severe Retardation is a diagnosis given to 4% of all __________ retarted patients because they usually require careful supervision, profit somewhat form vocational training, and can perform only basic voctional tasks in structured and sheltered settings.
8. Augmentative Communication __________ is system that uses communication boards or computers that use pictures, symbols, or written words to represent ojects or needs.
9. Depression is the most __________ mental health problem of older adults, caused from experienced trauma such as the loss of a spuose or a serious physical illness, and those with dementia.
12. Down __________ is the most common of the chromosomal disorders leading to mental retardation which is drived from an extra chromosome on the 23rd pair.
14. Communication Training are __________ of communication therapists use such as sign language, simultaneous communication, and augmentative communication systems.
16. The Process of Being __________ is a process in which desired behaviors are broken down and learned step by step and the reinforcements must be explicit and consistent.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live