I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 05B
Unit Five: Organic Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
3. Senile plaques are __________ deposits of amyloid in the gray matter of the brain.
7. Calcium facilitates memory and is __________ in the brain in the resence of acetylcholine and glutamate.
9. The best known genetic risk factor related to Alzheimer's is the __________ of the µ4 gene allele of the apolipoprotein E.
12. Individuals in the early stages of Korsakoff's Syndrome experience __________ known as Wernicke's Encephalopathy.
13. Early onset Alzheimer's is an uncommon form of __________ that strikes people younger than age 65.
15. Head trauma can cause __________.
16. Anterograde amnesia is loss of memory for some events that happen __________ a trauma occurs.
17. Ribonuecleic acid is increases in the __________ in the resence of acetylcholine and glutamate.
18. Acetylcholine is a __________ associated with memory.
19. Korsakoff's __________ is a disorder in which the individual forgets newly learned information.
20. Retrograde __________ is loss of memory for some events that happened before a trauma occured.
1. Neurofibrillary __________ are aggregates of hyperphosphorylated tau protein that are most commonly known as a primary marker of Alzheimer's Disease.
2. Alzheimer's __________ is a form of dementia names after a nineteenth century German psychiatrist.
4. Amyloid beta is a peptide of 36 43 __________ acids that appears to be the main constituent of amyloid plaques.
5. Glutamate is a __________ associated with memory.
6. Familial Alzheimer's __________ is an uncommon form of Alzheimer's disease that usually strikes earlier in life, and is inherited in an autosomal dominant fashion.
8. Late onset Alzheimer's is the more __________ form of dementia that strikes people over 65.
10. To __________ means to elaborate or embellish a memory.
11. The vast majority of cases of Alzheimer's disease are sporadic, meaning that they are not __________ inherited although some genes may act as risk factors.
14. Support for the amyloid postulate comes from the location of the gene for the __________ beta precursor protein (APP) on chromosome 21.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live