I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 05C
Unit Five: Organic Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
6. Cognitive __________ as it relates to Alzheimer's is any attempt to assist the patient in keeping the brain as fit as possible.
7. Although controversial, some __________ have shown an increased risk of developing AD with environmental factors such the intake of metals, particularly aluminium, or exposure to solvents.
10. The infections __________ theory suggests that dementia might some how be related to brain infection.
14. CJD is a __________ neurological disorder that is incurable and invariably fatal. CJD is at times called a human form of mad cow disease.
15. Vascular __________ is the second most common form of dementia after Alzheimer's disease and is related to stroke.
17. Nootropics are __________ that are purported to improve mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration.
18. Donepezil, or __________ is a centrally acting reversible acetylcholinesterase inhibitor.
19. Familial Alzheimer's __________ is an uncommon form of Alzheimer's disease that usually strikes earlier in life, and is inherited in an autosomal dominant fashion.
1. The vast majority of cases of Alzheimer's disease are sporadic, meaning that they are not __________ inherited although some genes may act as risk factors.
2. Huntington's disease, is a __________ genetic disorder that affects muscle coordination and leads to cognitive decline and dementia.
3. Amyloid beta is a peptide of 36 43 __________ acids that appears to be the main constituent of amyloid plaques.
4. Behavioral __________ as they relates to Alzheimer's are any group of conditionings that assist the patient with their moment to moment lives.
5. Cognex is also called __________ and is a parasympathomimetic and a centrally acting cholinesterase inhibitor (anticholinesterase).
8. Parkinson's disease is a __________ disorder of the central nervous system which results from the death of dopamine-containing cells in the substantia nigra.
9. There is __________ evidence that heavy metals like mercury may have some relationship with Alzheimer's Disease.
11. The best known genetic risk factor related to Alzheimer's is the __________ of the µ4 gene allele of the apolipoprotein E.
12. Pick's __________, is a rare neurodegenerative disease that causes progressive destruction of nerve cells in the brain.
13. In 1991, the amyloid __________ postulated that amyloid beta deposits are the fundamental cause of the disease.
16. Support for the amyloid postulate comes from the location of the gene for the __________ beta precursor protein (APP) on chromosome 21.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live