I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 07A
Unit Seven: Substance Abuse Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
3. Binge Drinking is defined as consuming large amounts of __________ at a single time.
7. Benzodiazephines ate the most common __________ drugs.
8. Morphine is a substance derived from __________ that is even more effective than opium in relieving pain.
10. An __________ is a physical dependence on a substance, marked by such features as tolerance, withdrawal symptoms during abstinence, or both.
12. Opioids are any of the drugs derived from __________, including morphine, heroin, and codeine.
14. Fetal Alcohol __________ is a pattern of abnormalities that can include mental retardation, hyperactivity, head and face deformities, heart defects, and other organ malfunctions.
16. Intoxication is a temporary __________ induced state in which a person exhibits impaired judgement, mood changes, irritability, slurred speech, and loss of coordination.
17. Alcoholism is the pattern of __________ in which a person abuses or develops a dependence on alcohol.
18. The Reticular __________ is the body's arousal center, responsible for keeping people awake, thus causing the person to get sleepy.
19. Depressants are substances that slow the activity of the __________ nervous system.
20. Barbiturates are addictive sedative __________ drugs used to reduce anxiety or to help persons fall asleep.
1. A Withdrawal is an unpleasant, sometimes __________ reaction that occurs when individuals who have a physical dependence on a drug suddenly stop taking or reduce their dosage of the drug.
2. Confabulating is spontaneously __________ made up events to fill in the gaps.
4. Cirrhosis is a disease of the __________, often caused by excessive drinking, in which the liver becomes scarred, forms fibrous tissue, and begins to change it's anatomy and functioning.
5. A Tolerance is the adjustment the body makes to the __________ presence of certain drugs so that larger and larger doses are required to achieve the initial effect.
6. Opium is a highly addictive substancemade from the __________ of the opium poppy seed. It as been widely used for thousands of years to reduce physical and emotional pain.
9. Metabolism is the chemical and physical __________ that go on in any living organism that breaks down food and converts it into energy.
11. Substance __________ is a pattern of behavior in which a person relies on a substance excessively and chronically, usually resulting in tolerance to the substance, or withdrawal symptoms upon cessation, or both.
13. Sedative hypnotic drugs are drugs that produce feelings of __________ and drowsiness.
15. Substance __________ is a pattern of behavior in which a person relies on a substance excessively and chronically, allowing it to occupy a central position in his or her life.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live