I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 07B
Unit Seven: Substance Abuse Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
1. Hallucinogens are substances that cause powerful changes primarily in __________ perception, including intensification of perceptions and the inducement of illusions and hallucinations.
2. Morphine is a substance derived from __________ that is even more effective than opium in relieving pain.
3. Opium is a highly addictive substancemade from the __________ of the opium poppy seed. It as been widely used for thousands of years to reduce physical and emotional pain.
4. Psychedelic __________ are substances, such as LSD, that cause profound perceptual changes. Also called hallucinogenic drugs.
7. The Reticular __________ is the body's arousal center, responsible for keeping people awake, thus causing the person to get sleepy.
10. Nicotine is the active substance in __________ and a stimulant of the central nervous system, is as addictive as heroin.
12. Heroin is a highly addictive substance __________ from opium.
14. Cocaine is the most powerful known __________ drug.
15. Endorphins are __________ that help relieve pain and reduce emotional tension. Sometimes referred to as the body's own opioid.
17. An Ergot Alkaloid is a naturally occurring compound from which __________ is derived.
18. Free Basing is a technique in which the pure __________ basic alkaloid in chemically separated or "free" from processed cocaine, vaporized by heat from a flame, and inhaled by a pipe.
1. Caffeine is a __________ drug that is commonly consumed in the form of coffee, tea, cola, and chocolate.
2. Opioids are any of the drugs derived from __________, including morphine, heroin, and codeine.
5. Amphetamines are __________ drugs that are manufactured in a factory.
6. Benzodiazephines ate the most common __________ drugs.
8. A narcotic is an natural or synthetic derivative of __________.
9. Methadone is a laboratory made substitute drug for __________.
11. Stimulants are substances that increase the activity of the __________ nervous system, resulting in increased blood pressure and heart rate and in an intensification of behavior, thought processes, and alertness.
13. Crack is __________ that has been boiled down into crystalline balls.
16. A nicotine patch is a patch attached to the __________ like a band aid, its nicotine content is absorbed through the skin, supposedly easing the withdrawal reaction brought on by quitting cigarette smoking.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live