I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 07C
Unit Seven: Substance Abuse Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
1. Detoxification is the __________ and medically supervised withdrawal from a drug.
4. Narcotic Antagonists are substances that __________ the effects of opioids.
5. An __________ of effects that occurs when more than one drug is having an effect on the body at any time.
7. Aversion Therapy is a __________ technique that helps clients acquire anxiety responses to stimuli that they have been finding too attractive.
8. Antagonistic drugs are those that __________ or change the effects of the addictive drug.
9. A __________ is the recurrence of hallucinogen-induced sensory and emotional changes long after the drug has left the body.
11. An Ergot Alkaloid is a naturally occurring compound from which __________ is derived.
13. Psychedelic __________ are substances, such as LSD, that cause profound perceptual changes. Also called hallucinogenic drugs.
16. Hallucinosis is a state of perceptual ___________ and hallucination.
17. Amphetamines are __________ drugs that are manufactured in a factory.
18. THC is the main __________ ingredient of the hemp plant.
20. Cross Tolerance is the tolerance for a drug one has __________ taken, as a result of using another similar drug.
2. Succinylcholine is a __________ that actually paralyzes one’s body when taken.
3. The polysubstance use theory is an explanation for drug addiction based on the __________ of positive, pleasurable emotions that come from ingesting the drug and negative aftereffects that leave a person feeling even worse than usual.
6. The misuse of combinations of drugs to achieve a __________ effect.
10. Synesthesia is the __________ over of sensory perceptions, caused by LSD and other hallucinogenic drugs. For example, a loud sound may be experienced as visible fluctuation in the air.
12. Caffeine is a __________ drug that is commonly consumed in the form of coffee, tea, cola, and chocolate.
14. Hallucinogens are substances that cause powerful changes primarily in __________ perception, including intensification of perceptions and the inducement of illusions and hallucinations.
15. Cannabis Drugs are produced from different varieties of the __________ plant. They cause a mixture of intoxication, hallucinogenic, depressant, and stimulant effects.
19. Hashish is the most powerful drug produced from the __________ plant.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live