I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 08A
Unit Eight: Anxiety Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
2. Posttraumatic stress __________ can occur after you've seen or experienced a traumatic event that involved the threat of injury or death.
4. The __________ nervous system returns our heartbeat and other body processes to normal.
6. Stress __________ is a person's idiosyncratic reactions to demands; part two of two components that causes stress.
7. The __________ is the brain part that seems to regulate emotional memories, and it helps turn off the body's anxiety reaction.
8. Trait anxiety is the actual trait or __________ that each of us bring to the events in our life.
11. The autonomic __________ system is the extensive network of nerve fibers that connects the central nervous system to all the other organs of the body.
14. Generalized __________ disorder (GAD) is an anxiety disorder that is characterized by excessive, uncontrollable and often irrational worry about everyday things that is disproportionate to the actual source of worry.
15. Corticosteroids are __________ triggered by the adrenal glands.
16. Phobias are irrational __________ about objects or concepts.
17. The "fight-or-filght" __________ prepares us for dome kind of action in response to danger.
18. Panic __________ is an anxiety disorder characterized by recurring severe panic attacks.
19. Stress is whenever we are confronted with __________ or opportunities that require us to change in some manner.
20. Primary __________ is where we interpret a situation as threatning or harmless.
1. A __________ is the event that creates the demands; part one of two components that causes stress.
3. Situation or __________ anxiety is where a person becomes anxious as a result of a specific situation.
5. Secondary __________ is where we weigh what kind of response is needed and assess whether we have the ability and the personal and social resources to cope with it.
9. Obsessive __________ disorder are beset by recurrent and unwanted thoughts tht cause anxiety or by the need to perform repetitive ritualistic actions to reduce anxitey.
10. The central __________ system is the brain and spinal cord.
12. Anxiety __________ are blanket terms covering several different forms of abnormal and pathological fear and anxiety which only came under the aegis of psychiatry at the very end of the 19th century.
13. Acute stress __________ is an anxiety disorder characterized by a cluster of dissociative and anxiety symptoms occurring within one month of a traumatic event.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live