I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 09A
Unit Nine: Mood Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
2. Recurrent refers to a major depressive disorder if it has been preceded by previous __________ episodes.
5. Double __________ is the term for when dysthymic disorder leads to a major depressive disorder.
6. Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder in which people undergo periods of mania that alternate with periods of __________.
8. Melancholic refers to a form of major depressive disorder seen in people who are almost totally unaffected by __________ events, are more depressed in the morning, and suffer from appetite loss and excessive guilt.
12. Manic-Depressive __________, also called bipolar disorder, is a mood disorder in which people undergo periods of mania that alternate with periods of depression.
13. Postpartum refers to a form of major depressive disorder that occurs within four weeks of giving __________.
14. The __________ theory states men and women are equally prone to depression, but men find it less socially acceptable to admit such feelings.
17. The __________ theory states that hormonal fluctuations trigger depression in genetically vulnerable women.
18. The __________ symptoms of clinical depression include a lack of drive, initiative, and spontaneity.
19. Seasonal refers to a major depressive disorder that __________ with seasonal changes.
20. The physical __________ of clinical depression include headaches, indigestion, dizzy spells, constant tiredness, disturbances in sleep and appetite and general pain.
1. Mania is a dominating emotion in __________ disorders, characterized as a state of breathless euphoria or frenzied energy.
3. Dysthymic disorder is a form of depression characterized by only two or three symptoms of __________ that lasts for at least two years.
4. Unipolar __________ is a mood disorder in which people suffer exclusively from depression and have no history of mania.
7. The "self __________" theory states women are more likely to blame their failures on lack of ability and attribute their successes to luck- an attribution style linked to depression.
9. Major __________ disorder is a period of depression that lasts for two weeks or more and is characterized by at least five symptoms of depression and is not caused by drugs or a general medical condition.
10. The __________ symptoms of clinical depression include spending more time alone, staying in bed for long periods, moving slowly, slow and quiet speech and downcast eyes.
11. Catatonic refers to a major depressive disorder that is dominated by either immobility or excessive __________.
15. The emotional symptoms of __________ depression include: intense sadness, dejection, misery, "emptiness," and "humiliation."
16. The quality-of-life __________ states women on average suffer more poverty, menial jobs, less than adequate housing, and more discrimination in men- all factors in depression.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live