I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 09C
Unit Nine: Mood Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
1. The learned __________ theory of depression is a combination of cognitive and behavioral concepts and states that people become depressed when they think that they no longer have control over the reinforcements in their lives and that they themselves are
4. Personalization is an error of __________ in which depressed people incorrectly view themselves as the cause of negative events.
5. To minimize and magnify relate to depression in that depressed people often minimize their accomplishments and experiences and magnify their negative __________.
7. Depression is a __________ emotion in mood disorders, characterized as being a low, sad state in which life seems bleak.
10. Seasonal __________ disorder is a form of depression that takes place each winter, when melatonin secretions are higher. SAD is less common in areas nearer to the equator.
11. Manic Depression, also called __________ disorder, is a mood disorder in which people undergo periods of mania that alternate with periods of depression.
15. The cognitive __________ is a concept developed by Aaron Beck that says individuals repeatedly interpret 1. their experiences 2. themselves and 3. their futures in negative ways, which leads them to feel depressed.
16. Melatonin is a __________, nicknamed the Dracula hormone, that is secreted by the pineal gland only when it is dark. Some theorists believe heightened melatonin secretions cause us to slow down, to have less energy, and to need to rest more in the wintert
17. Anaclitic __________ is a psychodynamic concept in which children under six years old show signs of depression when separated from their parents.
18. Maladaptive __________ are a concept developed by Aaron Beck that says some children develope attitudes that are inaccurate and self-defeating.
19. Introjection is a __________ concept where a mourner regresses to the oral stage and cannot distinguish themselves from their parents. By doing this, mourners fuse themselves with the person they have lost, symbolically getting them back.
2. Arbitrary inferences are negative conclusions based on little or even contrary __________.
3. Ruminative __________ are seen in depressed people in which they repeatedly think about their mood instead of changing it.
4. Overgeneralization is an error of __________ in which depressed people draw a broad conclusion from a single, sometimes insignificant event.
6. Selective __________ is an error of logic in which depressed people focus on one negative detail of a situation while ignoring the larger context.
8. Light __________ is exposure to extra amounts of synthetic light and is one of the most effective treatments for SAD.
9. Automatic __________ are a steady train of unpleasant thoughts that repeatedly remind them of their assumed inadequacy and the hopelessness of their situation.
12. Imagined loss is a __________ concept in which someone feels they've lost someone, without anyone actually dying (for example, a college student who fails a class may feel they've lost the love of a parent, which they feel only exists when they excel acad
13. Cortisol, also known as the stress __________, is a hormone released by the adrenal gland that has been implicated in unipolar depression.
14. The pineal __________ is the gland in the brain that secretes hormones such as melatonin.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live