I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 11A
Unit Eleven: Somatoform Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
1. Angina Pectoris is extreme chest pain caused by a partial __________ of the coronary artery of the heart muscle.
3. Factitious __________ is the intentional production or feigning of physical symptoms simply because a person wishes to be a patient.
4. A coronary __________ is the complete blockage of a coronary artery that halts the flow of blood to various parts of the heart muscle.
6. The general __________ syndrome is when, in the presence of a threat, the sympathetic nervous system increases its activity and arouses responses throughout the body.
7. Chronic __________ are frequent intense aches of the head or neck that are not caused exclusively by a physical disorder.
10. Behavioral __________ is the field of treatment that combines psychological and physical interventions to treat or prevent medical problems.
12. Briquet’s __________ is a form of somatization disorder in which a person's multiple ailments must include pain symptoms at four sites of the body, two gastrointestinal symptoms, a sexual symptom, and a pseudoneurologic symptom.
13. Antigens are foreign __________ of the body such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites.
15. B-cells are the group of __________ that produce antibodies.
16. Exposure and response __________ are behavioral approaches that often help persons with obsessive compulsive disorder.
17. Coronary __________ are the blood vessels that surrounds the heart and are responsible for providing oxygen to the heart muscle.
18. Asthma is the condition where the body's airways __________ periodically, so that it is hard for air to pass to and from the lungs, resulting in shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, and a terrible choking sensation.
2. The Electra __________ is the Freudian theory about a strong sexual feeing that a daughter has for her father and the recognition that the mother must be competed with for his affections.
3. Coronary heart __________ is the blocking of the coronary arteries that refers to any of several specific problems such as angina pectoris, coronary occlusion, and myocardinal infarction.
5. Cortiscosteroids are the group of stress __________ such as cortisone.
8. When a person becomes preoccupied with some imagined or minor defect in his or her appearance, such as wrinkles, spots on the skin, excessive facial hair, swelling of the face, or misshapen nose, mouth, jaw, or eyebrow, we would say that they suffer from
9. Conversion __________ is one in which a psychosocial conflict or need is converted into dramatic physical symptoms affecting voluntary motor or sensory functioning.
11. Baroreceptors are sensitive __________ in the blood vessels responsible for signaling the brain that blood pressure is becoming too high.
13. Antibodies are protein molecules that recognize and bind to a specific antigen, mark it for destruction, and prevent it from causing __________.
14. An __________ is a warning sensation that occurs when a migraine headache is about to take place.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live