I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 11B
Unit Eleven: Somatoform Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
4. Exposure and response __________ are behavioral approaches that often help persons with obsessive compulsive disorder.
5. When a person unrealistically interprets bodily symptoms as signs of serious illness, even when his or her symptoms are normal bodily changes, such as occasional coughing, sores, or sweating we say that they suffer from __________.
8. T-cells are a group of __________ that identify antigens and then multiply and trigger the production of other kinds of immune cells.
10. HIV is a parasite that infects T-4 helper lymphocytes, which transport the virus deeper into the immune system, which destroys much of the __________ system.
12. Migraine __________ are extremely severe and often immobilizing aches located on one side of the head, often preceded by an aura and accompanied by dizziness, nausea, or vomiting.
14. The general __________ syndrome is when, in the presence of a threat, the sympathetic nervous system increases its activity and arouses responses throughout the body.
17. The form of Munchausen syndrome in which parents __________ or induce physical illnesses in their children, leading in some cases to numerous painful diagnostic tests, medication, and surgery is called Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy.
18. Malingering is intentionally feigning an __________ to achieve some external gains, such as financial compensation or military deferment.
19. The immune __________ is a complex network of cells that helps protect people from antigens and from cancer cells and is located in the bone marrow, thymus, lymph nodes, spleen, tonsils, appendix, and small intestine.
20. Myocardial __________ are heart attacks.
1. Munchausen __________ is the extreme and chronic form of fictitious disorder in which people with this syndrome travel from hospital to hospital reciting their supposed medical histories in great detail.
2. The Electra __________ is the Freudian theory about a strong sexual feeing that a daughter has for her father and the recognition that the mother must be competed with for his affections.
3. Lymphocytes are __________ blood cells that are manufactured in the lymph system and circulate throughout the blood stream.
6. Factitious __________ is the intentional production or feigning of physical symptoms simply because a person wishes to be a patient.
7. Hypertension is the state of chronic __________ blood pressure.
9. Cortiscosteroids are the group of stress __________ such as cortisone.
11. Mind Body __________ is the claim by René Descartes that the mind, or soul, is separated from the body and the idea that dominated medical theory for the next 200 years.
13. Muscle contraction __________ are the form of chronic headaches that bring pain to the back or front of the head or at the back of the neck.
15. Hysterical __________ is a form of somatoform disorder involving an actual loss or alteration of physical functioning.
16. The chain of events leading from the brain's hypothalamus to the production of coricosteroids. is called the hypothalamic pituitary adrenal __________.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live