I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 11C
Unit Eleven: Somatoform Disorders
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
1. Natural killer T-cells are a group of lymphocytes that seek out and destroy body cells that have already been __________ by viruses, thus helping ot stop the spread of a viral infection.
6. The form of Munchausen syndrome in which parents __________ or induce physical illnesses in their children, leading in some cases to numerous painful diagnostic tests, medication, and surgery is called Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy.
8. Type A people are those who are consistently __________, cynical, driven, impatient, competitive, ambitious, and interact with the world in a way that produces continual stress and often leads to coronary heart disease.
10. The word __________ means related to the mind and is used to describe factors which contribute to other factors like family stress, worry, and unconscious needs.
12. Munchausen __________ is the extreme and chronic form of fictitious disorder in which people with this syndrome travel from hospital to hospital reciting their supposed medical histories in great detail.
13. Myocardial __________ are heart attacks.
15. Psychoneuroimmunology is the area of study that examines the links between __________ stress, the immune system and health.
16. Studies that __________ future health changes on the basis of current life events are often called prospective studies.
17. Preoccupation __________ disorder is diagnosed when the patient misinterprets and overreacts to bodily symptoms or features no matter what friends, relatives, and physicians may say.
18. When a person's __________ symptoms enable him or her to avoid unpleasant activities or to receive kindness or sympathy from others, we call is secondary gain.
19. When a person's __________ symptoms keeps his or her internal conflicts out of awareness we call it primary gains.
20. Somatroform disorders are patterns of physical __________ with predominantly psychosocial causes.
2. Mind Body __________ is the claim by René Descartes that the mind, or soul, is separated from the body and the idea that dominated medical theory for the next 200 years.
3. Muscle contraction __________ are the form of chronic headaches that bring pain to the back or front of the head or at the back of the neck.
4. Type B people are those who are more __________, less aggressive, less concerned about time, and are less likely to experience cardiovascular deterioration.
5. Somatization __________ is diagnosed when a person experiences numerous long-lasting physical ailments that have little or no organic basis.
7. We say that there is a __________ factor associated with pain when psychosocial factors play a dominant roles in the onset, severity, exacerbation, or maintenance of pain.
9. Ulcers are __________, or holes, that form in the wall of the stomach or of the duodenum, resulting in burning sensations or pain in the stomach, occasional vomiting, and stomach bleeding.
11. Preoccupation __________ are forms of somatoform disorder in which people who are relatively healthy become preoccupied with the notion that something is wrong with them physically.
14. Retrospective studies are __________ in which subjects are asked to think back over the past year and remember their life events and illnesses.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live