I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 12C
Unit Twelve: Schizophrenia
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
2. Antipsychotic __________ help to remove the symptoms of schizophrenia.
4. Schizophrenia that involves some type of psychomotor disturbance is called __________ schizophrenia.
5. Amphetamine __________ is a syndrome that closely mimics schizophrenia and includes hallucinations and motor hyperactivity.
7. Disorganized __________ is the type with the central symptoms of confusion, incoherence, and flat or inappropriate affect.
8. Schizophreniform disorder is where a person experiences most of the key features of __________, but symptoms last from 1 to 5 months.
11. L-dopa, a facilitator of dopamine, is used to treat Parkinson’s disease precisely because it raises __________ levels.
12. Type I schizophrenia is dominated by __________ symptoms, such as delusions, hallucinations, and positive formal thought disorders.
13. Schizophrenia that involves an organized system of delusions and auditory hallucinations often guide the person’s life is called __________ schizophrenia.
14. If psychotic symptoms appear suddenly and last anywhere from a day to a month, they are considered __________ psychotic episodes.
15. The __________ hypothesis is used to explain schizophrenia on a neuronal level.
16. People diagnosed with __________ schizophrenia do not fall neatly into one category.
17. Type II schizophrenia is characterized largely by __________ symptoms, such as flat affect,, poverty of speech, and loss of violation.
18. Dopamine __________ are drugs that bind to dopamine receptors, prevent dopamine from binding there, and so prevent dopamine-receiving neurons from firing.
1. Phenothiazines are __________ drugs developed in the 1950’s by researchers who where looking for effective antihistamine drugs to combat allergies.
3. Premorbid functioning refers to how a person functions before they have __________.
6. Residual __________ is where a person’s symptoms of schizophrenia lessen in intensity and number yet remain with the patient.
9. A psychotic disorder found in a two-person relationship is called __________ a deux.
10. Enlarged __________, the brain cavities that contain cerebrospinal fluid are indicative of mental disorder.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live