I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Review Puzzle 14A
Unit Fourteen: Therapy
For Mr. Rose's Abnormal Psychology Class
3. Day __________ are treatment facilities that provide daylong activities and treatment.
5. Catharsis is the reliving of past __________ feelings.
7. Halfway houses are __________ group homes that have live-in staff offering support, guidance, and practical advice to residents.
9. In __________ prevention, community workers try to identify and treat mental disorders at their earliest stages of development and thus prevent the disorders from reaching more serious levels.
10. In __________ prevention, community workers strive to improve community attitudes and policies with the goal of preventing mental disorders altogether.
12. In __________ therapy, therapists focus attention primarily on the symptoms.
13. Psychotherapy is __________ by words, acts, and rituals in which the suffurer, healer or group participate jointly.
14. Resistance is when patients encounter a __________ in their free associations or change the subject so as to avoid a potentially painful discussion.
15. Manifest __________ is the consciously remembered dream.
16. In global therapies, __________ try to help individuals recognize and change general features of their personality that the therapists believe are at the root of the problem.
17. Biological __________ is therpay consisting of physical and chemical procedures.
19. A __________ of therapy is a set of principles and techniques employed in accordance with a particular theory of change.
1. Dreams are termed by Freud as the royal __________ to the unconscious.
2. Sheltered __________ are protected and supervised workplaces that offer clients occupational training.
4. In __________ prevention, workers seek to prevent moderate or severe mental disorders from becoming long-term problems by offering appropraite and effective treatment when it is needed.
6. Working through is the process of __________ the same issues over and over in the course, each time with new and sharper clarity.
8. Free __________ is a process in psychodynamic therapy when the therapist tells the patient to describe any thought, feeling, or image that comes to mind even if it seems unimportant.
11. Therapies are systematic __________ used for helping people overcome their psychologicat difficulties.
12. Latent content is a dreams __________ meaning.
18. Transference is how a patient __________ and feels toward the therapist or other important figures in their childhoods.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live