I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Research Methodology in Psychology
Puzzle Number 01
For Mr. Rose
1. Cognitive __________ is the approach that combines behavioral principles with cognition (perception, thinking, anticipation) to explain behavior.
3. A correlational __________ is a statistical index ranging from –1.00 to +1.00 that indicates the direction and degree of correlation.
5. A __________ is any physical energy sensed by an organism.
6. Directly gathering data by recording facts or events is called __________.
9. Inferential __________ is the branch of mathematics that The branch of math that focuses on describing in numerical format what might be happening or what might happen in the future.
13. Empirical __________ are facts or information gained by direct observation or experience.
16. A negative relationship is one in which __________ in one measure correspond to decreases in the other.
17. In an experiment, the condition (usually a behavior) that reflects the effects of the independent variable is called the __________ variable.
18. The normal __________ is shaped in a bell shape.
19. The __________ in a research study is the record of the initial frequency of a target behavior.
20. Random assignment is the method of placing subjects into either the experimental or control group at __________.
2. A __________ is any muscular action, glandular activity, or other identifiable behavior.
4. Changes in a person’s behavior brought about by an awareness of being observed is called the __________ effect.
7. Meta __________ is a statistical technique for combining the results of many studies on the same subject.
8. In a controlled experiment, the group of subjects exposed to the __________ variable or experimental manipulation is called the experimental group.
10. Control, in an __________ is the process of eliminating, identifying, or equalizing all factors in an experiment that could affect the outcome.
11. The __________ is is the absolute middle score in the distribution.
12. Applied __________ involves scientific study undertaken to solve immediate practical problems.
14. Measures of __________ tendency are those scores that give an indication of the centrality and shape of the distribution.
15. The arithmetic __________ is the average of all of the scores in a distribution.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live