I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Research Methodology in Psychology
Puzzle Number 02
For Mr. Rose
1. A frequency __________ is a table showing the number of occurrences for each score in a group of scores.
3. An __________ definition is a scientific concept by stating the specific actions or procedures used to measure it.
6. Representative means that the __________ is like the population.
8. The fallacy of positive __________ is tendency to remember or notice information that fits one’s expectations, while forgetting discrepancies.
12. Causation is simply the act of facilitating some __________.
14. In an experiment, the condition directly manipulated and changed by the experiementer is called the __________ variable.
15. An __________ is a formal trial undertaken to confirm or disconfirm a fact or principle.
18. Standard __________ is the measure of the average dispersion in a collection of numbers.
19. In an experiment, the subjects who are exposed to all conditions except the independent variable are called the __________ group.
20. A small, randomly selected part of a larger population that accurately reflects characteristics of the whole population is a representative __________.
2. Courtesy __________ is the tendency to give “polite” answers to avoid hurting an interviewer’s feelings.
4. A double blind __________ is a method in which neither subjects nor experimenters know which subjects are in the experimental group.
5. Observer __________ is the tendency of an observer to distort observations or perceptions to match his or her expectations.
7. The __________ is the most common score in the distribution.
9. Humans or animals whose behavior is investigated in an experiment are called __________.
10. A __________ sample is one that takes into consideration subpopulations in the population.
11. A __________ statement is one that contains a qualification, often of the if-then form.
13. The predicted outcome of an __________ or an educated guess about the relationship between variables is called the hypothesis.
16. A substance that resembles a drug but has no chemical effect is called a __________.
17. An accident or other natural event that provides psychological data is called a __________ clinical test.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live