I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
The Biological Aspects of Psychology
Puzzle Number 01
For Mr. Rose
1. The occipital __________ are portion at the back of the cerebral cortex that includes areas where vision registers in the brain.
3. The motor __________ is the area on the top of the brain directly associated with control of voluntary movements.
6. An fMRI scan is a functional __________ resonance imaging that records brain activity.
8. A thin fiber that conducts information away from the cell body of a neuron is called the __________.
13. The primary visual __________ is the main area of the cerebral cortex that processes visual information.
14. Deep __________ is the use of an electrode (electrified wire) to destroy small areas deep within the brain.
16. IPSP stands for __________ Post Synaptic Potential.
17. The term __________ Scan stands for positron emission tomography; a computer-generated image of brain activity, based on glucose consumption in the brain.
18. The cerebral __________ consist of the right and left halves of the cerebrum.
1. The temporal __________ are areas on each side of the cerebral cortex that include the sites where hearing registers in the brain.
2. An MRI __________ that records brain activity.
4. Hyperthyroidism is a disorder where faster metabolism and excitability is caused by an overactive __________ gland.
5. Acetylcholine is a __________ released by neurons to activate muscles.
7. A part of the __________ formation that activates the cerebral cortex.
8. Those neurons that approach the central nervous system are called __________ neurons.
9. The part of the __________ lobes that serves as a receiving area for bodily sensations is called the somatosensory area.
10. Broca's area is the __________ area in the brain related to grammar and pronunciation.
11. A drop in electrical charge below the resting potential is called __________ after potential.
12. Localization of __________ is the principle stating that sensations are determined by the area of the brain that is activated.
15. An electroencephalograph is a device designed to detect, amplify, and record electrical activity in the __________.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live