I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
The Biological Aspects of Psychology
Puzzle Number 02
For Mr. Rose
1. The parasympathetic system is a branch of the __________ system responsible for quieting the body and conserving energy.
7. Specialization in the abilities of the brain hemispheres is called __________.
8. The __________ system consists of glands whose secretions pass directly into the bloodstream or lymph system.
9. Dendrites are fibers projecting from nerve cells that __________ information from other neurons and carry it to the cell body.
12. The __________ is a structure at the center of the brain that relays sensory information to the cerebral cortex.
15. Motor __________ are those that carry motor commands from the central nervous system to muscles and glands.
16. The __________ is the enlarged stalk at the base of the brain that connects to the spinal cord and controls vital life functions.
17. Aphasia is a speech disturbance resulting from __________ to language areas on the temporal lobes of the brain.
18. Reuptake, also called the __________ period is the time needed for neurotransmitters to return to the neuron from which they came.
19. Hypopituitary __________ is a disorder consisting of shortness or smallness caused by too little growth hormone.
20. The surgical technique in which the corpus callosum is cut, functionally disconnecting the two cerebral hemispheres is called the __________.
2. A __________ is a bundle of neuron fibers supported by connective tissue; nerves can be seen with the unaided eye; neuron fibers are microscopic projections from single cells.
3. The brain’s capacity for revising its organization is called __________.
4. Gaba is an inhibitory __________.
5. A __________ abnormality is a disturbance of the body’s chemical systems, especially in brain chemicals or neurotransmitters.
6. The __________ consists of the highest brain areas, including the hypothalamus, thalamus, corpus callosum, and cerebrum.
10. The __________ consists of the two large hemispheres that cover the upper part of the brain.
11. An action __________ is a nerve impulse, which is a rapid change in electrical charge across the cell membrane.
13. The central nervous system consists of the brain and __________ cord.
14. Receptor sites are areas on the surface of __________ and other cells that are sensitive to neurotransmitters or hormones.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live