I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
The Biological Aspects of Psychology
Puzzle Number 03
For Mr. Rose
3. The area at the top of the brain that includes sites where bodily sensations register in the brain are the __________ lobes.
4. Neurons are individual __________ cells.
8. Melatonin is a __________ produced by the pineal gland in response to cycles of light and dark.
9. The frontal __________ consist of the areas at the top front of the cerebral cortex that include sites associated with the control of movement, the processing of smell, and higher mental functions.
10. Positron emission __________ consists of imaging of brain activity based on glucose consumption.
12. Endorphins are a class of chemicals produced by the pituitary gland that are similar in structure and painkilling effect to __________ drugs such as morphine.
14. All areas of the cerebral cortex that are not specifically sensory or motor in function are called the __________ cortex.
15. Brain __________ is the concept that one of the hemispheres is stronger than the other.
16. Handedness is a __________ for using the right or left hand in most activities.
17. The adrenal glands are endocrine glands whose __________ arouse the body, regulate salt balance, adjust the body to stress, and affect sexual functioning.
18. The corpus __________ is the large bundle of fibers connecting the right and left cerebral hemispheres.
19. The __________ system consists of interconnected structures in the forebrain that are closely associated with emotional response.
1. MRI stands for __________ resonance imaging; a computer-enhanced three-dimensional representation of the brain or body, based on the body’s response to a magnetic field.
2. Dopamine is an important __________ substance found in the brain, especially in the limbic system, an area associated with emotional response.
5. The __________ system is a branch of the autonomic system responsible for arousing and activating the body at times of stress.
6. The main body of a neuron or other cell is called the __________.
7. The endocrine gland whose hormones help regulate metabolism is called the __________.
8. The __________ is a small area at the base of the brain that regulates many aspects of motivation and emotion, especially hunger, thirst, and sexual behavior.
11. A __________ is an innate, automatic response to a stimulus; for example, an eye blink, knee jerk, or dilation of the pupil.
13. The __________ is a cauliflower-shaped projection at the base of the brain that controls posture and coordination.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live