I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
The Biological Aspects of Psychology
Puzzle Number 04
For Mr. Rose
3. A CT scan is a computed __________ scan; a computer-enhanced X-ray image of the brain.
4. The midbrain is the area of the brain consisting of structures linking the __________ and the brainstem.
7. The cerebral __________ is a layer of tissue that forms the outer layer and surface of the cerebrum.
8. The __________ nervous system consists of all parts of the nervous system lying outside the brain and spinal cord.
11. The brain __________ is the lowest portions of the brain, including the cerebellum, medulla, and reticular formation.
14. The __________ nervous system is the part of the neural system that connects the brain with the internal organs and glands.
16. Myelin is the fatty layer coating some __________ that increases the rate at which nerve impulses travel along the axon.
17. Adrenaline is a hormone produced by the __________ glands that tends, in general, to arouse the body.
18. Efferent neurons are those that leave the __________ nervous system.
19. A __________ is the destruction of brain tissue in frontal areas of the brain.
20. The primary __________ area is the main area on the temporal lobes where hearing registers.
1. The microscopic space, between an axon terminal and another neuron, over which neurotransmitters pass is called the __________.
2. The __________ system is the system of nerves linking the spinal cord with the body and sense organs.
5. The electrical charge that exists between the inside and outside of a neuron at rest is called resting __________.
6. Neurotransmitters are any of a number of chemical substances secreted by neurons that alter activity in other __________.
9. Wernicke’s area is the area of the brain related to __________ comprehension
10. EPSP stand for __________ Post Synaptic Potential.
12. Hormones are the glandular secretions that affects bodily functions or __________.
13. The __________ are the areas on the cortex bordered by major fissures or associated with particular functions.
15. An __________ is an electrically charged molecule.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live