I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Puzzle Number 01
For Mr. Rose
2. The __________ is the transparent front part of the eye that covers the iris, pupil, and anterior chamber.
5. Spatial coding suggests that the location of firing __________ relative to their firing neighbors provide information about the stimulus.
7. Skin __________ are the sensory organs for touch, pressure, pain, cold, and warmth.
9. Complementary __________ are pairs of colors that are of “opposite” hue in some color model.
10. The organ of __________ is the center part of the cochlea, containing hair cells, canals, and membranes.
11. The __________ is a small depression at the center of the retina containing only cones and providing the greatest sharpness of vision.
14. The olfactory __________ is a structure of the vertebrate forebrain involved in olfaction, the perception of odors.
15. The __________ field of a sensory neuron is a region of space in which the presence of a stimulus will alter the firing of that neuron.
17. The __________ consist of the three small bones, incus, malleus and stapes, that link the eardrum to the inner ear.
20. A __________ is a chemical that triggers a natural behavioral response in another member of the same species.
1. Absolute Threshold is the __________ amount of physical energy necessary to produce a sensation.
3. An __________ is a visual sensation that persists after a stimulus is removed.
4. Transduction is transportation of stimuli to the __________ system.
6. The photosensitive pigment in the rods is called __________.
8. The visible __________ is the portion of the electromagnetic spectrum to which the eyes are sensitive.
12. Sensation is the immediate response in the __________ caused by excitation of a sensory organ.
13. Loudness is the __________ of the wave that is sensed by the auditory system.
16. The __________ theory of hearing which says that higher- and lower-frequency tones are detected at specific locations in the cochlea.
18. The __________ is the colored circular muscle of the eye that opens and closes to admit more or less light into the eye.
19. Brightness is the intensity of __________ reflected from or emanating from a surface.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live