I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Puzzle Number 04
For Mr. Rose
1. Higher or lower tones; related to the frequency of sound waves is called __________.
4. Wavelength is the distance between repeating units of a propagating wave of a given __________.
9. The optic __________ is the nerve that transmits visual information from the retina to the brain.
10. Papillae generally refers to the __________ like structures of the tongue where the taste buds are located.
11. The auditory __________ conducts information about the environment (in this case, acoustic energy that impinges on the external ear) to the brain.
14. Color blindness is the total inability to perceive __________.
15. Retinal __________ is the small discrepancy in the images falling on each retina caused by separation of the eyes.
16. Feature detectors are __________ in the visual cortex that receive visual information and respond to certain features such as lines, and angles.
18. Light wavelength refers to the frequency of the light that is sensed by the __________.
20. Topographical __________ or sensory maps are found in the cortex, exist for each sense and are part of the sensory process.
2. The simultaneous turning inward of the two eyes as they focus on nearby objects is known as __________.
3. A Sensory __________ is a nerve cell that carries information from the senses toward the central nervous system.
5. The semicircular __________ are fluid-filled vestibular canals and are the sensory organs for balance.
6. Hue is one of the main properties of a color which describes its __________.
7. Adaptation is the reduced ability to __________ a stimulus after prolonged exposure.
8. The __________ spot at the front of the eye through which light passes is called the pupil.
12. The vestibular __________ are balance, body position, and acceleration.
13. Sound is the __________ sense.
17. The __________ spot is a portion of the retina lacking visual receptors.
19. The olfactory __________ is part of the frontal lobes where information on smell registers.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live