I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Puzzle Number 02
For Mr. Rose
2. An illusury __________ is an implied shape that is not actually bounded by an edge or an outline.
3. Depth perception is the ability to see three-dimensional __________ and to accurately estimate distances.
6. The law of __________ is a gestalt term for the perceptual tendency to group things together that have some visual elements in common.
7. Binocular __________ is a way of describing the difference between the images provided by each eye.
9. Relative __________ is one of the seven depth cues. Objects that are higher in a scene are usually perceived as being farther away and therefore should be smaller.
10. Receptor or hair cells within the __________ transduce vibrations into nerve impulses.
11. Camouflage involves the designs that break up figure-ground organization, making objects more difficult to __________.
13. The perceptual categories are the sets of preexisting classes, types, or groupings of stimuli that exist in the study of __________.
14. The __________ illusion is where tow horizontal bars of equal length appear on top of each other on a railroad track.
16. The senses of body __________ and positioning are called kinesthetic senses.
17. The __________ cube is made up of only the outlines of the cube. One can see through the cube resulting in a perceptual shift in the fore ground and the background image.
18. Depth __________ that can be sensed with one eye are called monocular cues.
19. Perception of a stimulus presented below the threshold for conscious recognition is called __________ perception.
1. Figure-ground organization is a basic perceptual __________ in which part of a stimulus appears to stand out as an object (figure) against a less prominent background (ground).
4. The __________ view of perception suggests that the brain constructs meaning out the many and varied individual sensations that it receives.
5. Size __________ is perceiving the size of objects as unchanged despite changes in the size of the images they cast on the retina.
8. The __________ room is a room that have no perpendicular angles. As a result, the room is very distorted and makes objects appear differently that they actually are.
9. A perceptual __________ is an initial guess regarding the correct way to organize (perceive) a stimulus pattern.
12. Tracking __________ is one of two ways that the eyes are used to perceive relative movement. It is where the eyes move along with the object in the environment and yet the brain still perceives relative motion.
15. A run of luck is a statistically __________ outcome (as in getting five heads in a row when flipping a coin) that could still occur by chance alone.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live