I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Puzzle Number 03
For Mr. Rose
2. An __________ figure is a stimulus pattern that cannot be organized into a stable perception.
3. The __________ relationship that exists between the distance an object lies from the eyes and the size of its image is often called size distance invariance.
6. The __________ screen is a perceptual “blank screen”; usually achieved by creating a uniform white visual field and a neutral auditory tone.
9. The __________ illusion is the apparent change in size that occurs as the moon moves from the horizon (large moon) to overhead (small moon).
10. Overlap is one of the seven depth __________. The perception of depth is created when one object partially blocks another object.
11. Convergence is one of three bodily depth __________. As the eyes move inward and outward, retinal disparity is perceived as depth.
13. Vision at the periphery (edges) of the visual field is called __________ vision.
14. Ambiguous stimuli are patterns that allow more than one perceptual __________.
17. Detecting __________ is one of two ways that the eyes are used to perceive relative movement. It is where the eyes are stationary and the environment moves.
18. Another word for sensory threshold or a limit is __________.
19. Voluntarily __________ on a selected portion of sensory input, most likely by rerouting messages within the brain is called selective attention.
1. A __________ is an imaginary sensation—such as seeing, hearing, or smelling something that does not exist in the external world.
4. Telepathy is the purported ability to directly know another person’s __________.
5. Clairvoyance is the purported ability to __________ events at a distance or through physical barriers.
7. The __________ figure is an alternating figure between a young woman and an old woman.
8. Events that seem to lie outside the realm of accepted scientific laws are called __________ phenomena.
10. The law of __________ is a gestalt term for the perceptual tendency to complete figures by “closing” or ignoring small gaps.
12. Perceptual __________ is a readiness to perceive in a particular manner, induced by strong expectations.
15. Relative __________ is one of the seven depth cues. While moving, objects close to us appear to move faster than objects in the background.
16. The visual __________ is an apparatus that looks like the edge of an elevated platform or cliff; used to test for depth perception in infants and baby animals.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live