I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Puzzle Number 04
For Mr. Rose
1. Shape __________ is perceiving the shape of objects as unaltered even though the shape of the proximal image changes on the retina.
4. Difference __________ is the degree of change in a stimulus necessary for a person to detect the difference.
7. Linear __________ is one of the seven depth cues. Parallel lines in the environment appear to converge as they get farther away.
9. Closure is the __________ term for the perceptual tendency to complete figures by “closing” or ignoring small gaps.
10. The illusory sensation that a limb still exists after it is lost through accident or amputation is often called a __________ limb.
11. The Müller-Lyer __________ consists of two parallel lines tipped with inward or outward pointing V’s. Although they are of equal length, one of the lines appears longer than the other.
13. Bottom-up __________ involves organizing perceptions by beginning with low-level features.
15. Dark __________ is the process by which the eye adapts to low illumination and becomes more light sensitive, principally by a shift to rod vision.
17. Perceptual __________ are the important elements of a stimulus pattern, such as lines, shapes, edges, spots, and colors.
19. The purported ability to mentally alter or influence objects or events is called __________.
1. Zener __________ are cards bearing various symbols and used in early parapsychological research.
2. Texture is one of the seven depth cues. Objects in the __________ tend to have more vivid textures than in the background.
3. Stereoscopic __________ is the perception of space and depth caused chiefly by the fact that the eyes receive different images.
5. The apparent distance __________ is an explanation of the moon illusion stating that the horizon seems more distant than the night sky overhead, because there are more depth cues near the horizon.
6. The law of __________ is a gestalt term for the perceptual tendency to complete lines that have something that hides part of them from view.
8. Parapsychology is the study of __________ psychological events, such as extrasensory perception.
12. The __________ is the amount of increase or decrease in a stimulus that can be reliably detected as a change in amount, value, or intensity.
14. Gate __________ theory proposes that pain messages pass through neural “gates” in the spinal cord.
16. A __________ is one cycle (or vibration) per second.
18. Relative __________ is one of the seven depth cues. Objects that are known to be the same size will convey depth if one appears smaller than the other.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live