I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
States of Consciousness
Puzzle Number 01
For Mr. Rose
1. The sleep __________ are the various levels of sleep depth identified by brain-wave patterns and behavioral changes.
3. Self-hypnosis is a state of __________ attained without the aid of a hypnotist.
6. REM __________ is the occurrence of extra amounts of REM sleep in a person who has been deprived of REM sleep.
8. Nicotine is a potent stimulant drug found primarily in __________. Nicotine is a known carcinogen
12. A __________ is a word or sound used as the focus of attention in concentrative meditation.
13. R.E.S.T. stands for Restricted __________ Stimulation Therapy.
15. A stimulant is a substance that produces a temporary increase of activity in the body and __________ system.
18. To be __________ means to be hypnotized.
19. Attention is defined as the orienting toward or focusing on some __________.
20. Ergotism is a pattern of psychotic-like symptoms that accompanies poisoning by ergot __________.
2. Sleep __________ is a condition marked by repeated interruption of breathing during sleep.
4. Disinhibition is the removal of __________, resulting in the acting out of behavior that normally would be restrained.
5. Physical dependence or physical __________, as indicated by the presence of drug tolerance and withdrawal symptoms.
7. THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol is the main active chemical in __________.
9. The hypnotic susceptibility __________ is any test designed to assess an individual’s capacity for becoming hypnotized.
10. The activation-synthesis __________ suggests that dreams affect the motor commands of the brain but that the brain does not actually carried them out.
11. Cocaine is a crystalline drug derived from __________ leaves. It has been used as a central nervous system stimulant and local anesthetic.
14. Daydreams are __________ waking fantasies.
16. Rapid eye movements or __________ are the swift eye movements that take pace during sleep.
17. Caffeine is a natural __________ with stimulant properties which is found in coffee, tea, and chocolate and added to artificial beverages and medicines.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live