I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
States of Consciousness
Puzzle Number 04
For Mr. Rose
1. A __________ is a person who sleepwalks.
2. A __________ dream is a dream in which the dreamer feels awake and capable of normal thought and action.
4. Latent content is the meaning of the symbol or __________ in a dream.
5. Narcolepsy is a serious sleep __________ in which the individual suffers uncontrollable sleep attacks.
9. An __________ or EEG is a device designed to detect, amplify, and record electrical activity in the brain.
10. The psychological setting are the set of __________ and the social and/or physical environment in which an action occurs.
11. GHB or gamma-hydroxybutyrate is an illicit central nervous system __________ that produces intoxication and sedation.
13. REM behavior __________ is a failure of normal muscle paralysis, leading to violent actions during REM sleep.
14. Circadian rhythms are the __________ changes in bodily function and arousal that vary on a schedule approximating one 24-hour day.
16. Consciousness can be defined as a person’s experience of mental __________, including current sensations, perceptions, memories, and feelings.
17. NREM sleep or Non-rapid eye __________ sleep characteristic of stages 2, 3, and 4, and is largely dream free.
18. A sedative is a substance that calms, __________, or induces sleep by depressing activity in the nervous system.
1. Sleep __________ are the distinctive bursts of brain-wave activity that indicate a person is asleep.
3. Hypnosis can be defined as an altered state of __________ characterized by narrowed attention and increased suggestibility.
6. Depressants are substances that decreases activity in the body and __________ system.
7. Meditation is a __________ technique for quieting the mind and body.
8. Psychological dependence is a __________ dependence that is based primarily on emotional or psychological needs.
11. Amphetamines are a class of synthetic __________ that have stimulant effects on the nervous system.
12. A biological __________ is any cycle of biological activity, such as sleep and waking cycles or changes in body temperature.
15. Symbolization is the concept in __________ Rogers’s theory that explains the process of admitting an experience to awareness.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live