I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Developmental Psychology; Part One
Puzzle Number 03
For Mr. Rose
2. Maturation is the __________ growth and development of the body and nervous system.
5. The single-word __________ is the period during which a child first begins to use single words.
6. Self-esteem is regarding oneself as a __________ person.
11. Assimilation is the application of existing mental patterns to new __________.
13. Emotional __________ is the process of establishing an especially close emotional tie between infants and their caregivers.
14. Fraternal __________ are those conceived from two separate eggs. Fraternal twins are no more alike genetically than other siblings.
15. An __________ child is a child who is temperamentally relaxed and agreeable.
16. The nature nurture __________ has to do with the sum total of all genetic or external conditions affecting development.
17. Ovulation is the release of an ovum (egg cell) by the __________; ova combine with sperm cells to begin the growth of an embryo.
18. Consistency means that one’s behavior remains the same in different __________.
19. Prenatal __________ is the growth process that takes place in the human before they are born.
1. Noam __________ is called the father of modern linguistics and was one of the first cognitivists to criticize the work of B.F. Skinner.
2. Jean __________ was a famous Swiss cognitive developmental psychologist.
3. Imprinting is the rapid and relatively permanent type of __________ that occurs during a limited time period early in life.
4. The rooting reflex is the __________ reflex elicited by a light touch to the cheek, causing the infant to turn toward the object and attempt to nurse.
7. For Piaget, __________ is the mental ability to change the shape or form of a substance (such as clay or water) and to perceive that its volume remains the same.
8. Babbling is the repetition by infants of __________ language sounds, including both vowel and consonant sounds.
9. Growth hormone (GH) is a peptide hormone that stimulates growth and cell __________ in humans and other animals.
10. In development, __________ is the loss or withholding of normal stimulation, nutrition, comfort, love, and so forth; a condition of lacking.
12. Proactive maternal __________ is the sensitive caregiving in which a mother actively provides her child with educational experiences.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live