I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Puzzle Number 01
For Mr. Rose
2. The __________ effect is a psychological phenomenon whereby a highly persuasive message, paired with a discounting cue, causes an individual to be more persuaded by the message (rather than less persuaded) over time.
3. The magic __________ is the name given to the capacity to hold around seven bits of information in short term memory.
5. A __________ is a geometric shape used as a symbol for a word.
6. Procedural __________ is that part of long-term memory made up of conditioned responses and learned skills.
12. Retrieval __________ are things in the environment that assist us in recall.
13. Explicit memory is memory that a person is aware of having; a memory that is consciously __________.
15. Pre-perceptial storage is also called __________ storage and is very fleeting.
16. Recitation, used as a memory aid, is the repeating __________ of information one wishes to retain.
17. Consolidation is the process by which relatively permanent __________ are formed in the brain.
18. Suppression is a __________ effort to not think of something or to keep it from awareness.
19. The curve of __________ is a graph that shows the amount of memorized information remembered after varying lengths of time.
20. The Disuse Theory suggests that memory traces weaken when memories are not periodically used or __________.
1. Semantic __________ is a subpart of declarative memory that records impersonal knowledge about the world.
4. Generic memory is the most general category of memory. It includes __________ and semantic memory.
7. A __________ is any memory system, trick or aid.
8. Encoding is the changing of information into a form that allows it to be __________ in memory and manipulated in thought.
9. Rehearsal is the process of silently __________ or mentally reviewing information to hold it in short-term memory or aid its long-term storage.
10. Information __________ are meaningful units of information, such as numbers, letters, words, or phrases.
11. A memory __________ is any stimulus associated with a particular memory. The presence of such cues usually enhances memory retrieval.
14. Alzheimer’s __________ is an age-related disease characterized by memory loss, mental confusion, and in its later stages, a nearly total loss of mental abilities.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live