I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Puzzle Number 04
For Mr. Rose
1. Short-term memory (STM) is the memory system used to hold __________ amounts of information for relatively brief time periods.
5. A savings __________ is the amount of time saved (expressed as a percentage) when relearning information.
6. Flashbulb __________ are memories created at times of high emotion that seem especially vivid.
8. Memory __________ are hypothesized physical changes that take place in the brain as it stores information; engrams.
10. The __________ effect is the condition of being able to remember information at the end of a list.
11. The digit-span __________ is a test of attention and short-term memory in which a string of digits is recalled.
12. Episodic __________ is a subpart of declarative memory that records personal experiences that are linked with specific times and places.
14. Proactive __________ is the tendency for old memories to interfere with the retrieval of newer memories.
15. State __________ is the theory that recall will be easier if the subject is in the same state of mind in which they originally learned the target information.
16. Elaborative __________ links new information with existing memories and knowledge.
17. Retrieval is the __________ of information from memory.
18. Another name for short-term memory, especially as it is used for thinking and problem solving is __________ memory.
2. Long-term __________ is the system used for relatively permanent storage of meaningful information.
3. Redintegration is the process of __________ an entire complex memory after observing or remembering only a part of it.
4. The Brown Peterson __________ causes participants to divide their attention between memory tasks to test memory skills.
5. Memory is the mental system for receiving, __________, organizing, altering, and recovering information.
7. Implicit __________ is memory that a person does not know exists; a memory that is retrieved unconsciously.
9. The __________ method is an aid to memory, using a familiar word or image to link two items.
12. A created image is a __________ image that has been assembled or invented rather than simply remembered.
13. Pegging is a __________ technique involving the association of new targets with old memories of pegs.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live