I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Motivation, Emotion and Stress
Puzzle Number 01
For Mr. Rose
1. The manipulation drive is the drive to investigate objects by touching and __________ them.
5. A non-homeostatic __________ is one that is relatively independent of physical deprivation cycles or bodily need states.
7. Galvanic __________ response is the change in the electrical resistance (or inversely, the conductance) of the skin due to activity in the sweat glands.
9. The exploration __________ leads us to investigate unfamiliar areas of the environment.
12. Personal __________ is the negative emotional state caused by personal characteristics that hinder satisfaction of a motive or that block progress toward a goal.
13. The basic __________ theory of emotion and motivation suggests that we label our emotions by considering situational cues.
17. Psychological needs are __________ on the hierachy. They include things like understanding, compassion, attention, strength, trust, self-esteem, and companionship.
19. Abraham Maslow is credited with developing the hierarchy of human __________.
20. The __________ system is the branch of the autonomic system responsible for arousing and activating the body at times of stress.
2. A __________ is an internal deficiency that may energize behavior.
3. The hierarchy of __________ is a rank ordering of needs based on their presumed strength or potency.
4. Facial __________ are the mixing of facial gesture and expressions.
6. Parasympathetic __________ is the excess activity in the parasympathetic nervous system following a period of intense emotion.
8. Sex drive is the __________ of one’s motivation to engage in sexual behavior.
10. An __________ is a state characterized by physiological arousal, subjective feelings, changes in facial expression, and adaptive behaviors.
11. The James-Lange theory suggests that emotional feelings follow bodily arousal and come from __________ of such arousal.
14. Instinct theory states that motivation is the result of biological, __________ programming. Thus, all beings within a species are programmed for the same motivations.
15. Attribution __________ is the process of making inferences about the causes of one’s own behavior and that of others.
16. According to the Schachter __________ theory, an event causes physiological arousal. Then we identify a reason for this arousal and are able to experience and label the emotion.
18. Androgen is any of a number of male __________ hormones, especially testosterone.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live