I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Motivation, Emotion and Stress
Puzzle Number 02
For Mr. Rose
1. The __________ system is the branch of the autonomic system responsible for quieting the body and conserving energy.
4. In cognitive __________ theory, the degree to which one’s actions are justified by rewards or other circumstances is called justification.
5. In a __________ exam, questions to which only a guilty person should react are called relevant questions.
10. The facial feedback hypothesis suggestst that facial expressions generate feelings that help define what __________ a person is feeling.
14. Physiological changes are those bodily activities that accompany __________ states.
15. Anorexia __________ is active self-starvation or a sustained loss of appetite that has psychological origins.
16. Emotional __________ is the establishing of personal meaning to a situation. Specific emotions are assumed to result from various appraisals.
17. An external eating __________ is any external stimulus that tends to encourage hunger or to elicit eating.
18. Noradrenaline is a __________ produced by the adrenal glands that tends to arouse the body; noradrenaline is associated with anger.
19. Contact __________ refers to the feeling of safety, security, warmth, softness and physical pleasure.
20. The need for __________ is the desire to excel or meet some internalized standard of excellence.
2. Intracellular __________ is that which is triggered when fluid is drawn out of cells due to an increased concentration of salts and minerals outside the cell.
3. Social motives are __________ motives acquired as part of growing up in a particular society or culture.
6. In Maslow’s __________, those needs above and beyond the ordinary; needs associated with impulses for self-actualization are called meta needs.
7. Basic needs are the first __________ levels of needs in Maslow’s hierarchy; lower needs tend to be more potent than higher needs.
8. Homeostasis is the steady state of bodily __________ normally maintained automatically by various physiological mechanisms.
9. Taste __________ is the active dislike for a particular food; frequently created when the food is associated with illness or discomfort.
11. A __________ is a target or objective of a motivated and directed chain of behaviors.
12. Secondary __________ are those based on learned psychological needs.
13. Achievement __________ is defined as a need for success or the attainment of excellence.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live