I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Motivation, Emotion and Stress
Puzzle Number 04
For Mr. Rose
5. Subjective __________ is the personal, private feelings of discomfort or unhappiness.
6. The Facial Action Coding System was developed by Paul __________. It taxonomizes all facial emotions.
7. Fundamental needs are the most essential human needs, like water and __________.
10. The Cannon-Bard __________ suggestst that emotional feelings and bodily arousal occur simultaneously and both begin with activity in the thalamus.
11. The __________ system is the area in the bottom middle of the hypothalamus that terminate eating.
15. Affect is that which pertains to __________ or feelings.
16. Excitement is the general emotional __________ associated with activation of the autonomic nervous system.
17. The __________ hypothalamus is the hunger starting area of the brain.
18. Arousal theory suggests that people prefer to maintain ideal, or comfortable, __________ of arousal.
19. Neuropeptide Y is a substance in the brain that initiates __________.
20. Overeating is defined as eating in __________ of one’s daily caloric needs.
1. Paul Ekman is a psychologist who has been a pioneer in the study of emotions and their relation to __________ expressions.
2. The Yerkes __________ law is shown with the inverted U function and states the relationships among arousal, task complexity, and performance.
3. Set __________ is the theoretical proportion of body fat that tends to be maintained by changes in hunger and eating.
4. Drive __________ Theory suggests that when we experience a drive, we are motivated to reduce this state of tension and pursue actions that will lead to a drive reduction.
8. Motivation is the mechanisms within an organism that initiate, sustain, and direct __________.
9. In a polygraph exam, neutral, non-threatening, or non-emotional questions are called __________ questions.
12. An __________ value is the value a goal holds for a person or animal above and beyond the goal’s ability to fill a need.
13. Harry __________ is credited with developing the idea of contact comfort through his experiements with rhesus monkeys.
14. Primary __________ are innate motives based on biological needs.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live