I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Theories of Personality
Puzzle Number 03
For Mr. Rose
1. Surface __________ are the visible or observable traits of one’s personality.
4. The __________ principle is the principle by which the ego functions, involving delaying action (or pleasure) until it is appropriate.
7. Personality is defined as an individual’s __________ and relatively unchanging psychological characteristics and behavior patterns.
10. The psyche is the __________, mental life, and personality as a whole.
11. Social __________ theory is an approach that combines learning principles with cognitive processes (perception, thinking, anticipation), plus the effects of observational learning, to explain behavior.
12. Humanism is an approach to psychology that focuses on __________ experience, problems, potentials, and ideals.
16. An __________ is a person whose attention is directed outward; a bold, sociable, outgoing person.
18. The Rorschach __________ Test is a projective test comprised of ten standardized inkblots that are described by the person taking the test.
19. In Freudian theory, the ego is the executive part of personality that directs rational, __________ behavior.
2. Sensation __________ is a personality characteristic of persons who prefer high levels of stimulation.
3. The pleasure __________ is the idea that the id operates, consisting of a desire for immediate satisfaction of wishes, desires, or needs.
5. Validity is the __________ of a test to measure what it purports to measure.
6. Carl __________ was perhaps Freud’s closest student, at least until he developed the idea of the collective unconscious.
7. The collective __________, sometimes misstated as collective subconscious, is for Jung, a part of the unconscious mind, expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems.
8. In __________ theory, libido is the force, primarily pleasure-oriented, that energizes the subparts of personality.
9. Intellectualization is a __________ mechanism where reasoning is used to block confrontation with an unconscious conflict and its associated emotional stress.
13. Although one of the first to break away from traditional Freudian theory, Alfred __________ was among the co-founders of the psychoanalytic movement as a core member of the Vienna Psychoanalytic Society.
14. Denial is the act of __________ oneself from an unpleasant reality by refusing to perceive it or believe it.
15. Gordon __________ was one of the first psychologists to focus on the study of the personality, and is often referred to as one of the founding figures of personality psychology.
17. Personality __________ are relatively permanent and enduring qualities of behavior that a person displays in most situations.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live