I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Puzzle Number 01
For Mr. Rose
1. Postpartum __________ is a mild to moderately severe depression that begins within 3 months following childbirth.
3. Psychopathology is the __________ study of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders; also refers to abnormal or maladaptive behavior.
6. Mood disorders are the major __________ in mood or emotion, such as depression or mania.
8. Somatoform disorder is the presence of __________ symptoms that mimic disease or injury for which there is no identifiable physical cause.
11. A person with an __________ personality seems to lack a conscience; is emotionally shallow, impulsive, and selfish; and tends to manipulate others.
12. Hypochondriasis is a __________ with minor bodily problems and the presence of illnesses that appear to be imaginary.
14. Personality __________ are deeply ingrained, unhealthy, maladaptive personality patterns.
16. Social __________ is a failure to conform to societal norms or the usual minimum standards for social conduct.
18. Ergotism is a pattern of psychotic-like symptoms that accompanies poisoning by __________ fungus.
19. Acute stress __________ are psychological disturbances lasting up to 1 month following stresses, such as natural disasters or military combat.
1. Schizophrenia is a psychosis characterized by __________, hallucinations, apathy, and a “split” between thought and emotion.
2. Obsessive-compulsive disorder is an extreme, unavoidable __________ with certain thoughts and compulsive performance of certain behaviors.
4. A catatonic episode is a period of extreme stupor, __________, and unresponsiveness.
5. Bipolar disorders are __________ disorders involving both depression and extremely elevated or manic moods and behavior.
7. Maladaptive behaviors are those that make it more difficult for a person to __________ to his or her environment and meet the demands of day-to-day life.
9. Cyclothymic disorder is the moderate __________ and depressive behavior that persists for 2 years or more.
10. A __________ response is a rigid, repetitive, and non-productive response made mechanically and without regard for its appropriateness.
13. Deviant communication are a set of __________ of communication that cause guilt, anxiety, confusion, anger, conflict, and emotional turmoil.
15. Dissociative __________ is a fleeing to escape extreme emotional conflict, anxiety, or threat.
17. Panic disorder involving agoraphobia is where a person in a chronic state of anxiety __________ that these panic attacks will occur in public places.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live