I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Puzzle Number 03
For Mr. Rose
2. The scientist __________ model is the training of clinical psychologists to do both research and therapy.
4. Existential therapy is an insight therapy that focuses on the problems of __________, such as death, meaning, choice, and responsibility.
7. Thought __________ is the use of aversive stimuli to interrupt or prevent upsetting thoughts.
9. Dream symbols are the __________ in dreams that serve as visible signs of hidden ideas, desires, impulses, emotions, relationships, and so forth.
12. Lithium carbonate is a drug used to lessen mood swings in persons suffering from some types of __________ disorders.
13. In therapy, __________ usually means the psychotherapeutic technique used to treat phobia. It works by exposing the patient to their painful memories, with the goal of reintegrating their repressed emotions with their current awareness.
14. A prefrontal __________ is an antiquated surgery in which portions of the frontal lobes were destroyed or disconnected from other brain areas.
17. A community mental health __________ is a facility offering a wide range of mental health services, such as prevention, counseling, consultation, and crisis intervention.
18. A sensitivity __________ is a group experience designed to increase self-awareness and sensitivity to others.
19. A __________ group is a group formed to provide emotional support for its members through discussion of shared stresses and concerns.
20. An __________ is a mood-elevating drug.
1. Minor __________ are drugs (such as Valium) that produce relaxation or reduce anxiety.
3. Unconditional positive __________ is unshakable love and approval given without qualification.
5. Covert __________ is the use of aversive imagery to reduce the occurrence of an undesired response.
6. Chemotherapy is the use of __________ drugs to treat mental or emotional disturbances.
8. Overgeneralization means blowing a single event out of __________ by extending it to a large number of unrelated situations.
10. In client-centered therapy, significance of __________ is the process of rephrasing or repeating thoughts and feelings so that clients become aware of what they are saying about themselves.
11. A __________ house is a community-based facility for individuals making the transition from an institution (mental hospital, prison, and so forth) to independent living.
15. A psychotherapist is anyone who does psychological __________. Persons who call themselves psychotherapists are not always psychologists.
16. Aversion __________ is the suppression of an undesirable response by associating it with aversive (painful or uncomfortable) stimuli.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live