I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Advanced Placement Psychology
Puzzle Number 04
For Mr. Rose
2. Electroconvulsive __________ is a medical treatment for severe depression, consisting of an electric shock passed directly through the brain, which produces a convulsion.
6. A __________ is a substance that calms, tranquilizes, or induces sleep by depressing activity in the nervous system.
8. Behavior __________ is the application of learning principles to change human behavior, especially maladaptive behavior.
12. Psychoanalysis is the __________ approach to psychotherapy emphasizing the exploration of unconscious conflicts.
13. The __________ technique involves observing another person reenact one’s own behavior, like a character in a play; designed to help persons to see themselves more clearly.
15. Resistance is __________ that occurs in psychoanalysis during free association; topics the client resists thinking or talking about.
16. In psychoanalysis, free __________ is the technique of having a client say anything that comes to mind, regardless of how embarrassing or unimportant it may seem.
17. Vicarious desensitization is the reduction in fear or anxiety that takes place vicariously (“secondhand”) when a __________ watches models perform the feared behavior.
18. In medieval Europe, __________ was the practice of expelling or driving off an “evil spirit,” especially one residing in the body of a person who is “possessed.”
1. A __________ is a rank-ordered series of higher and lower amounts, levels, degrees, or steps.
3. Community __________ is the use of community resources to promote mental health and treat or prevent mental health problems.
4. Short-term dynamic therapyis a modern __________ therapy designed to produce insights within a shorter time than traditional psychoanalysis.
5. An __________ is a drug that, in addition to having tranquilizing effects, also tends to reduce hallucinations and delusional thinking.
7. A paraprofessional is an __________ who works in a near-professional capacity under the supervision of a more highly trained person.
8. Logotherapy is a form of existential therapy that emphasizes the need to find and maintain __________ in one’s life.
9. Deinstitutionalization means to reduce the use of full-time commitment to mental __________ to treat mental disorders.
10. Client-centered therapy is a non-directive therapy based on drawing __________ from conscious thoughts and feelings; emphasizes accepting one’s true self.
11. Psychotherapy is any form of psychological __________ for behavioral or emotional problems.
12. Systematic desensitization is a guided reduction in __________, anxiety, or aversion.
14. Time out is the __________ of a person from a situation in which rewards for maladaptive behavior are available; also, the withholding of social reinforcers (attention, approval) when undesirable responses are made.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live