I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
States of Consciousness
Puzzle Number 01
For Mr. Rose
1. Drugs may __________ a person’s perceptions, change their mood swings, or cause them to see or hear things that aren’t real.
3. Information that is unavailable to awareness under most circumstances is typically found in the __________.
6. Stage 4 is the __________ stage of sleep.
9. A person who is partly but not completely awake during the night is __________.
12. Brain wave patterns can be measured by an __________.
13. Many of our basic biological functions exist at the __________ level.
14. The word circadian come from the Latin word __________ which means "about" and die means "a day"
15. The inability to sleep is called __________.
16. Nathaniel Kleitman said that dreams may serve no __________ at all.
18. A stage of sleep characterized by rapid eye movements and linked to dreaming is typically called __________.
19. Three ways hypnosis is used are as an anesthetic for pain, for reducing __________, and for overcoming fears
20. Franz __________ is said to be the father of hypnosis.
2. Night terrors tend to occur during stages __________ and four.
4. The most-studied circadian rhythm? The __________ wake cycle.
5. Ideas that aren’t in one’s awareness at a given moment, but one could recall them if they had to are called __________.
7. In 1904, what concept did William James propose ?
8. Posthypnotic __________ are instructions given to a person under hypnosis that are supposed to be carried out after the hypnosis session has ended.
10. A compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance refers to __________.
11. A breathing interruption that occurs during sleep is typically called __________.
17. If it weren’t for cues such as the sunrise and sunset, people would act as if a __________ were 25 hours long.
Make Your Own Puzzles...
Crossword Forge Live